Friday, October 31, 2008

October Happenings

So I've been MIA for the past month. This month has gone by so quick with lots going on and Halloween has come faster than I realized. I thought I would post random pictures of things that happened-now that I look back at the month I'm wondering what I was doing!!?? Nothing major-somehow every day things can always manage to keep us all so busy.

Yesterday the girls decided to make bubbles in the sink. Their giggles were so contagious and I couldn't help but laugh and giggle along with them, and be amazed at the pure joy they found in playing with those magical bubbles. What a blessing kids are!! They help us crazy adults stop and enjoy the simple and beautiful things surrounding us.








I was working on the girls tutu's for Halloween and I needed to have them try them on to check the length. Kalei was kind enough to oblige. She was so excited to try it on and was running through the house.


I couldn't help but laugh as she was running away from me looking like this. . .



Dave had the opportunity to gone on the Pioneer Trek with the youth in our ward. We have great youth in our ward. He said it was a great experience and wants me to go on the next one in 4 years-we'll see about that-let's see-hike 21 miles in 3 days, up and down mountains, out in the cold, hmmm. . . I'm telling you, I would been the first casualty if I were a pioneer. There is more than one reason why I was not born at that time. I do realize it would be an amazing experience, I guess I have the next 4 years to sike myself up for it.




This is what 3 year olds find amusing. Spinning and getting as dizzy as you can!


Something else little girls love-My Little Ponies and Polly Pockets. Recently a sweet girl in our ward was going through her toys that she doesn't play with anymore and decided to give our girls all of her my little ponies. I felt so bad though because my kids tend to get a little shy if front of people and don't really show any emotion. So as this cute girl was giving these fun toys she had so thoughtfully decided to give our girls Kalei was just standing there and only managed to say thank you(I can't blame my kids for being this way because they take after their mom-poor things). Even though my kids didn't show her how excited they were while she was there as soon as the door shut they were giggling with excitement. With huge smiles on their faces they have played with them everyday!! They love, love, love them! Thank you Ashleigh!
I can't tell if there was more paint on her or the picture. She loves drawing and painting and does a great job!

We also got to see Kaloi and Darren and their cute kids. We got to see Darren last month but this is the first time we've seen the rest of them in 7 years. It's been way too long. They came down because their oldest daughter Breesa had a soccer tournament. She is so beautiful, and Iospea and Keahi are two of the cutest boys-sorry maybe I should say handsome-you ever saw! I got to hang out with Kaloi and do a little bit of catching up-I've missed that(late nights talking about everything and anything). It was great to see them even if it was just for a short time.

5 comments:

Crystal Price said...

Thanks for the post! It is so good to see your girls again, just doing those everyday things that seem so simple, but really mean so much. We miss you tons!

lilia said...

so fun to have you back. Love all the little things that you share that make life wonderful. lots of love - Lilia

R and R said...

We loved looking at all the pictures. (Bella sat here and was so excited to see them too!!)

Nia said...

Okay... the bubbles, awesome! I remember loving to fill the sink up and play with the bubbles. I think I just might do that one day... just cause! Next time I come... I'm playing in the sink with them! As for the pioneer trek.. I'm gonna agree with Dave on this one, Sorry Hanu. But as daunting as it sounds, its ABSOLUTELY amazing. Something you'll never forget. I still haven't forgotten what I learned and experienced when I went on mine... and that was 10 years ago!! So yah... you should go!

Kahanu said...

K, Nia so not helping. I know, I know-that's why I have 4 year to gear up for it.