Monday, June 9, 2008

And the update continues. . .

I didn't want to post anything about my birthday but I did want to mention what fabulous family and friends I have. It started out with the most yummy dozen doughnuts from Mindy at 7 am, followed by fun calls, then beautiful flowers and the most delightful truffles from my visiting teachers. I had a great time talking to my family throughout the day and my friends made such a delicious lunch!! It was so fun just to hang out and enjoy all of their company!! Thanks ladies, it helped me to have a great day! Another great surprise was to get to have Rachelle join us for lunch via web cam!! It was the best surprise ever! I truly have some of the most thoughtful friends and they each bless my life so much!!

School got out on May 22nd(also my almost twin Kahi's birthday-haha). The kids were very excited to say the least. Both boys had fabulous teachers this year! Kawika had a great year and was able to participate in the Spelling Bee, this is his 3rd year in a row. He really enjoys it and did awesome! Kalani had an equally great year. He was a great student and enjoyed recess with his friends. His favorite past time was shooting 3 pointers on the court. He kept track all year and racked up 321 of them. This boys loves competition. He has a very mellow personality but when he is determined watch out. Kaili had a fun time attending a Pre -K program and she can't wait to start kindergarten. She amazes me everyday with the things she knows!! I have had a lot of fun spending one on one time with Kalei. She is a funny girl! The other day she got a new stuffed bunny as a prize for the Summer Reading Program and I asked her what it's name was. She promptly replied "ribbit, ribbit"(maybe I need to work on animal sounds with her). We all got a good laugh. She is cute and growing everyday.
The next week Dave went on a week long camp out with the Young Men and I took the kids up to Taylor to visit cousins at Dave's brothers house. We have so much fun when we go up there. I usually don't see them unless their hungry or it's time for bed. We enjoyed relaxing and cousins had a blow up water slide the the kids played on all day and have peeling sunburns to prove it(no pictures because Dave had the camera-we'll get some next time). We came home just in time for playoff games for baseball and then cousins were able to come down a few days later and they had more fun(and the moms were just worn out!). Dave got back from his camp out but had leave for Girls camp a fews days later. I thought he would be camped out but he very excited as we all are to go camping as a family this year.
Since all of this we have been hanging out and were able to work on the yard this past weekend(hooray!) The flower boxes have flowers and the yard doesn't have as many weeds and hopefully in a few weeks grass should start sprouting in our front yard. Okay, sorry this was a long post but I think we are up to date now. Whew! I guess this will teach me to be more consistent-haha!

1 comment:

Jana and BJ said...

I am loving all of your updates! Your family is so cute. Don't be a slacker! Reading your blog makes my day!