Friday, August 15, 2008

Ho'omaika'ika'i Explorations

We dropped Kawika off on Sunday afternoon at Kamehameha school for his week long camp. It was hard to drop him off-but I did manage not to cry although I was pretty close to it. It was weird being without any kids for a whole week. I had brought a few books and planned to go to the beach and get a tan. Well that didn't exactly happen-the one day I decided to go it rained on me-that would be my luck! I did have a great week despite not lounging on the beach everyday. I went shopping with my mom and sister, we had a blast! I had a great time relaxing and hanging out with my parents, and my sister and her family. I was even able to do a session at the temple. It was a wonderful experience to be there with my parents! I worried about Kawika all week hoping he was okay and having fun. Friday finally came and we went to pick him up. The kids perform songs and dances that they learn during the week. It was such a neat experience! When we finally sat down and got situated I looked around to see if I could find Kawika, and there in the mass of children I saw him madly waving his arm! He looked just as excited to see us as we were to see him! I could hold back my tears any longer(call me silly or just a mom). I was so happy to see him and I didn't realize until then how much I had missed him! He had this cute grin on all night!We were able to see our friends that we had not seen since we left Hawaii 9 years ago. Ethan and Kawika were best buddies when we lived in Hawaii! It was so nice to see them!
I mentioned earlier that I had fun chatting with some gals on the plane. There were 2 sisters, Tia and I can't remember her sister's name(sorry!) and they were meeting up with the rest of their siblings and 6 cousins who were going to be attending the same camp as Kawika. During our whole trip we keep running into their family-it was funny! What made it more funny was that our parents flew into Hawaii on the same plane too. Their family helps to put on the Arizona Aloha Festival every year. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more them as time goes on! They were all so nice and during the camp Kawika hung out with them a few times and they all seemed to get along so great! Here he is with his Arizona buddies!Thanks family for coming with me, it made it that much more special!

No comments: